Saturday, September 15, 2012

Blog #3

Peer Editing

The video and slideshow on Peer Editing was informative. It gave a clear message on the procedures on editing your peers. The slideshow showed ways to to give suggestions with being a jerk to the person your editing,also how to stay positive while editing someone's work even though it may not be good. I learned that giving good feedback to the writer is effective because it will give the writer confidence to continue to write. The video gave good definitions on what peer editing is and what a peer means.Overall the video and slideshow on Peer Editing was helpful to me and should make me more effective when I edit my peers. The 10 Mistakes video was educational and entertaining. It showed me types of examples of the people I don't want to do my peer review.You have a wide variety of how not to be when reviewing a person's paper or blog. This video made me look at myself and question what type of person I am when it comes down to peer editing a person's paper. I would show this video to everyone so they could learn how to be more effective reviewers. In today's society people are to objective when it comes down to looking over someone's work. This video is one that I liked and will learn alot going forward with blogging.
 Technology

I think that technology in the classroom for special need student's is long overdue. Technology gives the opportunity to expres themselves and to learn. Year's ago this kind of technology was not available to special need student's. I think through the using of Ipads, Ipods, and other technological equipment has come along way in helping special need student's get the education that they need. To me the student should have the choice of equipment he or she would like to learn on. I'm glad to see that special need student's are getting the help from technology that they need.

Apps for Learning

I would use the drawing app.I like this app for special need student's cause it gives them a chance to be creative with art. They have achance to express themselves and how they are feeling. In today's school art and being creative is slowly dying to me. This art app gives them a chance to do something more than just classwork.

Harness

The video showed a amazing teacher Vicki Davis.She gave the student's a sense of entitlement and ownership over there on learning. Vicki Davis showed that learing can take place from technology not only from book's and paper all the time. It seemed to me the student's were more lively and comfortable in that classroom environment. Vicki Davis gave the student's many ways to enhance there learning in the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cyrus,

    I too am glad that technology is being used in the special education classroom. There are so many positives for special needs students who use technology to learn.

    I found several mistakes in your post:
    You said: "The slideshow showed ways to to give suggestions with being a jerk to the person your editing,also how to stay positive while editing someone's work even though it may not be good." Did you mean to say without instead of with?

    You also didn't put breaks at the end of each section of your post. This is the only way to space your paragraphs in blogger. The instructions on how to do this are at the end of blog post 1 assignment. You also need to add links and pictures to every post.

    Let me know if you have any questions: <a href="mailto:stephen.akins1@gmail.com>stephen.akins1@gmail.com</a>

    Thanks,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, here is my email that didn't work in the last comment: stephen.akins1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen thanks for the comment's.I do need help with breaking.Are you available to show me how to do a break.My group and I will be at the lab Wednesday at 630 to start our project.Will you be available then.Thanks Cyrus

      Delete